Welcome to WF2020!
Our Vision for WF2020: Be the Go-to Place for workforce topics in Larimer County!
Workforce2020 is an initiative of Larimer County's Workforce Investment Board (WIB) to provide a community forum, both online and in person, on relevant and critical workforce topics for our region that results in greater collaboration, solutions and workforce opportunities for both employers and job seekers.
The WF2020 online community is open to job seekers, employers, government entities, nonprofits, schools and educational institutions and encourages cross-communication and sharing of resources among these diverse groups. We are especially interested in engaging youth in this forum to introduce them to occupations, training, career paths, internships and job search resources.
This online community focuses on WIB's 3 strategic areas that have been identified to be of critical importance to the development of the region's workforce pool and employer's talent management.
1. STEM -- This refers to the academic disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. STEM workers play a key role in the sustained growth and stability of the U.S. economy, and training in STEM fields generally results in higher wages. As such, connecting employers' needs to education and training requirements is essential to prepare the workforce.
2. Middle Skills Jobs -- Those that generally require some education and training beyond high school but less than a bachelor’s degree. This could include associate’s degrees, vocational certificates, significant on-the-job training, previous work experience, or some college, but less than a bachelor’s degree.
3. Upward Mobility -- Employment growth and job creation in a region can often lead to career mobility for individuals providing an opportunity to move into a higher-wage position that utilizes a higher level of skills.
The online community offers an opportunity to:
- Educate and inform community members and guests about these 3 strategic areas and why they are important to Larimer County
- Enable, facilitate and support existing initiatives, programs, projects and/or activities of the community that are aligned with these 3 areas
- Convene new initiatives, programs, projects and/or activities and facilitate cross-connections to support their success